My top 10 tips for having healthy glowing skin!
These are the tips that have worked for me! Keep in mind everyone is different, but most people can learn something new by hearing about other people’s journey! These are some of my favorite tips not only for healthy skin but a healthy body as well!! ENJOY!
- Put your focus on healing the Gut!!– 80% of the immune system is in the gut. The chemicals in our food, water, and medications harm the gut and kill good bacteria. It is so important to be taking a regular probiotic to add in good bacteria. I took anti-biotics for years for my skin and this is one of the most common ways that kill all bacteria both good and bad. I am so glad I quit taking anti-biotics years ago because I knew in my “gut” that they were harming me more than helping. I could go on about the benefits, but that would be a whole other article. But for now if you want to learn more …read here. Make sure you find a good probiotic.** Also eat probiotic rich foods like fermented foods, kombucha, and yogurt.
- Eat Fish oil!! –Our bodies and brain need a balance of both Omega 6 and Omega 3s fatty acids. Our current diet is made up with mostly Omega 6’s which are important but we already get so many. Essential fatty acids cannot be made in the body so it is important to either supplement or add in a diet by increasing consumption of omega 3 foods. The best source of omega 3 is through fish. Unfortunately, there is a big concern on eating too much fish because of the high level of mercury. So we are kind of in a tough situation…which is why I believe it is important to supplement with a high quality fish oil that has ZERO mercury.**
- Stop eating so much sugar. – Sugar is awful for the skin. This is especially true if your skin issues are purely hormonal. Sugar spikes your blood sugar and then goes way down causing your hormones to get confused. I choose to eat a low-glycemic diet to balance my hormones and keep my sugar cravings at bay. If I find myself back in the funk of eating sugar, I do a RESET. This helps me tremendously with sugar cravings and its low-glycemic so it keeps my blood sugars balanced and of course the results are fabulous skin! If you interested in doing my RESET program, click here to learn more.**
- Nourish your body with lots of healthy vegetables – Key vegetables for the skin include: carrots, sweet potatoes, avocado, broccoli, garlic, oranges, and lemons. The best vitamins for skin are A, C, E, and zinc. I am not going to sit here and tell you that one vegetable is better than another! Go eat your favorite vegetables, try new ones, and make sure you eat them daily!! My favorites for skin include: spinach, carrots, avocado, and oranges! Ooo and red peppers and garlic! MMM
- Coconut Oil – I love coconut oil on my skin!! It is soo moisturizing and healing on my skin, it amazes me. If I have any breakouts, I wake up with it dramatically reduced in size and redness. Even if you have oily skin, you need oil, oil, oil. I have oily skin and used to be so afraid of oils I would run far away and just dry out my skin every night. This never really worked. Now, I make sure to constantly hydrate my face and yes my skin is still oily and it does not make my skin worse. But when my skin gets dry from the wind or using too many drying products, my skin tends to break out more and gets even oilier. The skin wants to be balanced out so if it’s dry it creates more oil. That is why if you moisture with oils your skin thinks it’s moist enough so it stops producing so much oil. Then your skin will be happy and healthy!!
- Detox your body!! – Our body’s encounter daily stress from outside toxins in the air, in our food, and just life in general. It is important to give the body proper rest and cleansing. My favorite way to detox is steaming! I love how it cleanses my skin and helps open my pores to get out all the impurities. Other ideas: drink hot lemon and water, green tea, avoid processed foods and alcohol, sweat and rest.
- Eat lean protein and beans. – Protein is critical for building healthy skin as it helps build collagen which helps keep the skin smooth and taut. Protein also has lots of zinc which is key for the immune system. My favorites to eat are lots of chicken, turkey, fish and black beans.
- Ice your face. –Feel a breakout coming? Hold a bag small bag of ice on your face. At first, it might sound a little cold, but I have grown to love it. It makes the skin feel refreshed and perky. The cold rushes the blood up to your skin and the extra blood flow helps heal and calm the skin. Even if you aren’t breaking out, this really helps to give your skin an extra glow! 😀
- Feeling Stressed? – Relax!! So many times I find myself tense and running on zero energy and stressed out. I usually end up stressing out my skin enough to break out. Do something you enjoy to relax! Exercise, practice yoga, take a warm bath or read a book! Remember everything will be a-okay!
- Look into food allergies – This past year I found out I was allergic to eggs. I love eggs and they are one of my favorite breakfast foods. I don’t get sick from eating eggs, but my IgE levels are raised after eating them. I tested it myself and I noticed that my skin is more red and irritated after eating eggs. So I have chosen to eliminate them from my diet. This allergy could also contribute to nasal allergies and could cause other health issues eventually like thyroid, leaky-gut, etc. Common allergens are dairy, soy, eggs, wheat, and nuts. Try an elimination diet to see how certain foods might react in your body.
Bonus tip!! Detox your Beauty Routine. All the products we use are full of chemicals which are directly absorbed through the skin. Be knowledgeable about what you are using and learn about chemicals that should be avoided. Want to learn more?? >>>Sign up for my newsletter>>>And for a limited time receive a FREE detox your hygiene e-book!!
Remember everyone’s skin is different. Learn what works for you.
What are some of your favorite healthy skin tips? I love to learn from others on what makes their skin glow!
**Interested in learning more about my product recommendations? Email me at email@example.com