7 REASONS YOU NEED TO START DOING YOGA IF YOU WORK IN the CORPORATE WORLD
I have recently fell in love with yoga and now I have to admit.. I am an addict. My body doesn’t feel right if I don’t make time for yoga. I love the stretching, the sweat, and the dance-like movements. Overall, it is just a great experience that always ends feeling amazing. A few months ago, I didn’t understand the big hoopla over yoga and its benefits. Now I am a huge fan and want to learn as much as I can. Specifically I LOVE hot vinyasa yoga. My gym always has a heated room for all of our yoga classes so you are always drenched after the class which I can’t help but love too. I think my body especially loves it after being confined to a desk for long periods of time. We sit nearly way too much and it is one of the hardest things on our bodies.
Today I want to share with you 7 reasons why YOU absolutely need to start doing yoga ESPECIALLY if you work in the corporate world.
- Stress Reliever – I don’t know about you, but I find myself stressed a lot. Heck I am stressed more than I was in college. Long days and long periods of stress are the worst thing on the body. Doing yoga allows the body to remove the stress out and relax. If you find yourself leaving work tense and always bringing “work home with you”. I highly suggest starting a yoga practice. It will help a lot especially if you find yourself suddenly with lots of belly fat….
- Flexibility – I feel AMAZING when I am flexible. I feel like I can do anything, I appreciate my body for its beauty. I don’t like feeling stiff and tight. After just doing a couple yoga sessions, I felt waay more flexible. My flexibility from my dance days has already come back in just a couple of months. Flexibility is a sign of youth. I continue doing yoga because I hope to someday be the old flexible lady who can still do the splits. haha
- It helps BUILD strength. – I have lost a lot of muscle since joining the corporate world. And part of that is because I sit all dayyy long, but another part is because I didn’t realize what sitting all day to me would do to my body. I love yoga because again just after a couple sessions I feel MUCH stronger. You definitely need a lot of strength to start doing handstands or crow pose. The stronger you get the more poses your body will do.
- It allows you to forget your worries and focus on the PRESENT. – During yoga, you focus on your breath. This is really key and important to learn as you improve. As you move from each pose you will take deep inhales and exhales focusing on your breath. You really cannot do much else but focus on mastering the poses and breathing correctly! Plus I NEVER bring my phone to class so you can’t have any distractions or buzzing.
- Yoga boosts your mood. This is obvious for many reasons. Your endorphins are running around happy that your body is moving around. And your happy because you feel strong and flexible!
- Yoga is efficient! – We are all living super busy lives! The trips to the grocery store seem endless..always cleaning, work, social gatherings, you name it! So choose an efficient workout! Yoga burns calories, strengthens your muscles and your core, and increases flexibility!! What more could you ask for?
- Yoga is a great space to re-focus your life. – At the end of yoga, you take a savasna. This time allows you to rest and feel your body. Many times the instructor will tell you to focus on some key topic or provide some words of wisdom. This is a great time to reflect and send positive vibes out into the world. It will leave you feeling rejuvenated and encouraged to go about your day.
If you have never tried a yoga class, I highly suggest you go out and find a class to try. You may just discover something new you enjoy!
P.S. Be on the look out for a FREE program I will be releasing next week. >>>> Join my email list, if you would like to be the first to know! >>>>>>