Philosophy

 

#1 I focus on eating real simple foods.  “Eat food. Not too much, mostly plants.” – Michael Pollan

#2 I avoid everything processed, filled with chemicals, trans-fat, and any type of “free” food. If I can’t pronounce it, I don’t eat it and I especially dislike anything with “food dye”.

#3 I view each person individually, as what works for me won’t necessarily work for you.  As the quote states “One person’s food is another person’s poison”.

#4 I don’t believe in “diets”.  I believe in a healthy lifestyle.  I focus on eating real good foods 90% of the time. And yes the other 10%, sometimes I eat cookies, drink beer, and of course indulge in Lou’s Malnati’s deep dish pizza.

#5 Learning to listen to your body is one of the most valuable things you can do.  If I am feeling extra tired, I eat more vegetables and less meat. If my allergies start going nuts, I limit my sugar.  Learning to listen to your body can help you balance everything out and stay at optimal health.

startnow

#6. I believe homemade food is always better than store bought.

#7 I pretty much drink only water and coffee.  I keep as hydrated as possible and I always carry a water bottle.

#8. I eat vegetarian about half the time.  If I want meat, I eat it.  I don’t limit myself on foods, but meat is very acidic and so I have chosen to limit my intake on all animal protein.

#9  I aim to eat organic as much as possible.

#10  I don’t allow myself to get stressed if I don’t eat “perfect”.  We live in a world where eating healthy is not easy, we can only do our best to make the best choices in every situation.  Getting stressed out over it will only do more harm to your body then good.

 

“Longevity is not whether or not you break, it is how well you recover and repair when you do. ” – Dr. Mehmet Oz

%d bloggers like this: