I know it has BEEN forever, but I want you to know there are BIG things happening over here so stayed tuned…..
I am working on re-branding and launching a whole new website!! It is going to be awesome and I am super excited to see how everything turns out!
This last weekend was filled with self-care (biking and shopping with a friend), cooking, and designing my new site. I cooked this yummy recipe which was soo flavorful, fast, and easy that I just had to share with you all!! (it is also extremely budget friendly)
Sesame Turkey Meatballs
+1 lb ground turkey (or chicken or pork whatever you have on hand)
+1 clove garlic
+1 1/2 tbsp (2 inches) fresh grated ginger
+2 green onions
+1/2 tsp soy sauce (I like to use coconot aminos)
+1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
+1/2 cup soy sauce
+1/2 cup brown sugar
+1/2 cup water
+1/2 TBSP sesame oil
+1 TBSP rice vinegar
+1 1/2 TBSP (2 inches) fresh ginger
+2 TBSP corn starch
+1 TBSP sesame seeds
+2 cups for brown rice
+3 3/4 cups of water
+2 green onions
1. Turn the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together ground turkey, grated ginger, garlic, sliced green onions, egg, breadcrumbs, soy sauce and black pepper. Mix with your hands until all the ingredients are combined.
2. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Roll out about 25-30 meatballs. They should be about the size of one tablespoon. Place all the meatballs on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven until golden! smile emoticon It will take about 34-40 minutes.
3. Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
4. Next prepare the teriyaki glaze. Combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Peel and grate the ginger into pot. Heat on low until brown sugar is completely dissolved.
5. When the meatballs are done, transfer to the pot with the glaze. Stir until they are all coated. Create the bowl with 1 cup of rice topped with about 5 meatballs. Sprinkle with green onions!!
Enjoy!!! MMMM – If you create your own version of this recipe, be sure to take a photo and tag me on Instagram @chelseajolene
Want more YUMMY recipes??? Sign up for my email list!!! You will receive FIVE weeks of yummy recipes along with free grocery lists! Along with FREE healthy pro tips!! You don’t want to miss out on all the goodies!!