My TOP 25 Life Tips and Quotes
Today is my 25th birthday…a quarter of a century old…This birthday I wanted to do a special post for my readers. It is a mix of life tips and quotes that are a little bit of what I have learned and hold dear to my heart on my life journey so far…Enjoy! 😀
1.“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom” – Anais Nin Sometimes it may seem easier to stay at the status quo… don’t be afraid to take risks. They may be scary, but the reward will likely be much bigger then ever imagined.
2. Tell yourself you are beautiful every day. –There is so much negativity about looks and how one is perceived. Everyone complains about not looking a certain way, even the most gorgeous people say negative things about their looks. And why?? Choose to love yourself and tell yourself you are beautiful every day. When you truly believe you are beautiful you don’t need to tear yourself down when you don’t get complimented. And people will find your confidence stunning which is the best way to show your beauty.
3.You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, but there will always be someone who hates peaches. –Everyone is different and unique. Some people you will connect with and others you won’t! Don’t take offense if someone doesn’t like you. I don’t like squash…I hope the squashes out there aren’t offended. lol
4.Don’t beat yourself up for not being good enough. – It is okay to not be perfect. I struggled with perfection a lot. I wanted perfect grades, perfect looks, perfect clothes, and eventually perfect job. I just wanted it all so I could show the world that I won. It is easy to get lost in a world of perfection when you are in a lot of pain, you don’t love yourself, and you are angry. Learn to love your imperfections. No one is perfect and it’s no fun to be either. Don’t let your “perfectionism” control you.
5.“How you survive is what makes you who you are” – Rise Against Everything happens for a reason, your past makes you stronger. Don’t be sad because it happened, be happy because you are better today then you were yesterday. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. 6. Don’t be afraid of spending time alone. – Being alone can be very helpful in learning more about yourself especially at the age when you are so lost you don’t really know who you are. I always had fear of missing out so I found it hard to be alone. Don’t let this stop you, take time for yourself to become who you are. It’s good to be selfish.
7.Embrace being different. – Don’t worry about following the norm. For example, I don’t enjoy watching sports. They don’t interest me and honestly I just don’t really understand how people can watch so many games! Sports are good! But I am just not going to pretend to like something to fit it with other people. `
8.“What would you do if you knew you could not fail?” One of my favorite questions…if there was nothing holding you back what would you do with your life? Fear shouldn’t hold us back from following our dreams.
9. If you want to be great, you got to act like your great. – You want to be the next CEO? You want to be a top athlete? You got to start acting like one now. These things just don’t “happen”. It takes consistent small steps every day and small positive changes. Watch who YOU want to be and emulate them. Yes copy them! They don’t care. Add your own personality and love to it, but systems work. Follow their systems, and eventually you will get where you want to be.
10.What are you willing to sacrifice to get where you want to be? – Life is full of choices and sacrifices. We cannot have it all at once. You have to sacrifice something to get to your dreams. How much are you dreams worth to you? What are you willing to give up to get what you want?
11.“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy Don’t be afraid of failure and never be ashamed to fail. Most people don’t try at all. You should be ashamed if you don’t try at all.12. Become better at something every day. – What can you learn today? Take some time everyday to become better! It could involve personal development, health, business, or something random you want to learn! Learn one small thing each day.
13. Learn how to feed your body. – Everyone needs to learn how to eat best for them. When I hear people eating fast food all day and drinking liters of pop, I wonder how do they function? I love feeling energized and ready to go. I am not going to eat food that makes me feel like crap so I don’t want to work, go to the gym, and complete all my daily activities. It makes no sense to me. Why make life harder? Eat healthy.
14. Don’t let bad things win over your life. – Bad things will happen. People will die, you will be hurt and betrayed, but don’t let it defeat you. Keep pushing on. Remember this is only part of your story and is happening to you for a reason that you might not fully understand. It is okay to be sad and angry, but don’t let it sabotage your life. Push harder. Fight stronger.
15.“Everything is figureoutable” – Marie Forleo – I love Marie!! (for those of you who didn’t know) I truly believe this mantra and I love repeating this to myself as a reminder that I can figure anything out!
16.You can’t live a life alone. – We need people. People aren’t perfect. We do bad things, but most people are just trying to live a good life just like you. Don’t push people away. We all need help from people and it’s nice to have someone to count on. Build relationship and make new friends. We all want to have friends. Don’t be scared to make the first step in starting a new friendship, you will probably make their day! Say hi, start a conversation, and make an effort! Smile! 17. Take time for self-care. – It is easy to think of everyone else and leave the least time for yourself. If you want to truly help others, you got to take care of yourself first. The energy and love you put in yourself will only come out through the rest of your life.
18. Think of all the reasons why you CAN do something. – There is always a reason why we CAN’T. “I can’t be an expert because I don’t have the right training. I can’t be good at this because I didn’t start early enough.” I thought I couldn’t be a dancer because I didn’t start until I was 15. I was wrong I can start dancing at ANY age. I didn’t go to undergrad for nutrition doesn’t mean I can’t start now. I want to be a health and wellness expert. And I will be! Just because you take a non-traditional path doesn’t mean you can’t get there.
19. Don’t be afraid to dream. – Imagine your ideal day and describe every detail. What do you want? What do you desire? Nothing is too big or crazy. I think people forget to dream or feel like their dream has to fit some category. It doesn’t. Listen to your heart and don’t be afraid to know what you really want.
20. Don’t listen to negative people. – There will always be naysayers and negative Nancy’s. IGNORE them!! They have nothing better to do then make people feel awful and disheartened. Believe in yourself and if someone says something negative prove them wrong! Let it push you to work a little harder. Anyone who is hurtful towards you is usually insecure and wants nothing more than to bring you down with them. Take satisfaction that you won’t let them bring you down.
21.”I must learn to love the fool in me–the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of my human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my Fool.” – Theodore I. Rubin“I must learn to love the fool in me–the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of my human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my Fool.” – Theodore I. Rubin
22. Be humble. – Learn to be humble but still accepting of compliments. You don’t need to go around bragging about every little thing, but learn to accept where credit is due!!! Don’t belittle yourself and your accomplishments. Be proud. Be classy. Be humble.23. Take action! – It is so easy to talk your talk, but can you walk your walk? Practice your talk and live it daily! No one wants to follow someone who can’t practice what they preach.
24. “Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” – Louise Erdich
25.“Today is the perfect day to start living your dreams” – Don’t wait another minute. Start today! Life is too short to spend your time doing something that makes you unhappy.
PS. Sign up for my PISTACHIO BLOSSOMS newsletter for more goodies, free stuff, and updates!!